Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Need to Keep Notes

Because I always forget what I'm going to say!

Do you ever email yourself website links or information?  I do.  Most of my inbox is probably from myself because I'm too lazy to write stuff down and emails follow me a lot easier than paper does.

Anyway, I'm supposed to add details about the topics in my previous post.

Push ups:  I totally forgot about doing the 100 push up, 200 squats, 200 sit ups programs last week because I was exhausted most of the week and spent my time napping instead of working out.  It was also just a busy week in general.  I still haven't picked up where I left off, but I did take a minute to do as many of each as I could do.  I haven't lost any strength!  I haven't added anymore, but at least I *should* be able to pick up where I left off on the programs.

Tuberculosis: Me "What does taking antibiotics have to do with not eating spicy foods?"
Him "Didn't you hear her coughing?  She has tuberculosis!"
Me "Er...bronchitis?"
Him "...yea...that one"

Love him.

I can't remember what I was going to say about ants except that we have them in the office and I know they're not harmful, but they're quite pesty, and they've been here since before I started this position so I don't even know how they started...or why they're upstairs and not down?  I have some guesses, but I shouldn't have to guess.  They shouldn't even be here.  (I guess I had more to say than I thought)

My friend joined the Navy so we tolerated extended family at a going away party for her to show our support and how much we love her (because dealing with the family for her definitely shows our love).

I'm hoping to start Turbo Fire up again and be consistent with it.  Which reminds me.  I need to workout when I get home :(

I also want to start Couch to 5k because running is of great interest and I want to prove to myself that I can do it because I've always been a sucky runner and I envy people when they say they run.  It doesn't seem like it should be hard, but it effing is.

I've been researching cat food again and there is SO MUCH mixed information about what to feed them.  I understand that raw is best, canned next, and never dry food, but I have problems with this.  The sites all say "your cat's digestive system handles raw food bacteria than ours does".  Ok, that's great, but that's the problem.  *I* don't want to get sick because I'm feeding my cat raw food.  Cat eats raw food so e. coli, salmonella, whatever other bacteria get in their mouth, then they lick their paws and bacteria is now on the paws.  Then they walk all over the house, climb in bed, on the couches, transferring the bacteria to those places that I touch.  Then I touch my face, blow my nose, eat with my hands instead of utensils, and now I'm carrying the bacteria, end up sick, and die.  So, I'm sorry, but until I have a strictly outdoor cat (which isn't going to happen), I'm not going raw for my kitties.  Canned is next.  I cannot afford to buy quality canned food for my cats.  One site went on to say that the lowest quality canned food is better than the highest quality dry food.  I somehow don't believe that even though the reasoning seems sound.  Maybe I just don't want to deal with the stinky litter box.

Right now our cats get a grain free dry food with a canned evening meal.  Originally I bought grain free in efforts to help the oldest cat in determining his allergy sources, but the canned food has grains so there's really no point.  My cats go crazy over canned food and I really don't want to deal with that reaction with every meal time.  I also really don't want them eating such crappy canned food for every meal, even given the canned vs dry statement because, well, it's crappy, but we can't afford quality canned food.

Which brings us back to dry.  You can't find a dry food that doesn't contain corn or grains.  I'm assuming whole grain is better than other grain (brown vs white rice) so I would probably let up on the rice thing, but it's silly that all of these "high end" foods are claiming to be good for cats, charging and arm and leg for the product, but you look and they're filled with corn and white rice.  It shouldn't be so hard to find a "better than decent" cat food for your cat.  I say better than decent since no dry food is ideal for cats.

I'm stressing more about their eating than mine this week, which I think has kind of helped.  I've not been having panic attacks after work so far this week.  Although, I did kind of nap after work to avoid it >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment