Friday, October 5, 2012

I Am Shocked

I thought for sure I had ruined my calories for the day.  Note: I said "calories" not "nutrition".  My nutrition is shot.  Multivitamin, remember?

Breakfast was pie.  Oh, I forgot to tell you about that in this morning's post?  Yea, pie for dinner and, 12 hours later, pie for breakfast.  Living on the edge!  Whoa!  Anyhoo, my coworker shared some crack with me from Pal's.  Something about cheddar rounds that is absolutely delicious, and her not realizing there were that many in a large allowed me to have a few (sharing is caring don't you know?).  180 calories isn't so bad right?  Not until you add it to the pie calories from breakfast.  Oops.

So, I've been gorging on coffee.  She (same coworker) gets some Cheez-Its and realizes she doesn't like the flavor (smoked cheddar, omg) and gives them to me (sharing is becoming death).  I successfully stopped myself from eating the whole bag and only had a handful.  Go, me!  From here, I was just going to skip lunch since it was creeping up on 2pm and I leave work at 4:30 today, but my mom (who works for the same company) can't leave because she's the only member in her department here for the rest of the day, and she didn't bring lunch.  Brilliant.  

Being the loving daughter I am, and seeing as I somewhat owe her for the whole birthing and bringing me her leftovers (leftover food...not leftovers relating to birth...gross), etc, I figured I'd grab her something. I decided I could kill two birds with one stone (although I would never purposely kill a bird) and hit up Walgreens on the way to get food so I could get band aids.  Well, I didn't know it was ridiculously hot out today so I went straight for the drive through so I could get it done and over with.  I have no A/C in that '78 Nova that I drive.  It's miserable.  Vinyl interior, windows rolled up, in direct sunlight, no A/C.  Yep.  

Anyway, I decided that I should probably eat something besides pie and crackers today, but really didn't want anything from Burger King because everything there is RIDICULOUS....price, taste, calories.  All. Of. It.  I opted for a small "fruit smoothie", and they had raspberry (Yay!...sort of) so I thought I'd try it.  It's solid syrup at the bottom.  I hope I didn't cringe when they handed it to me.  If I did, I didn't realize it and they probably think horribly of me right now.  But, that's fine, because I kind of think horribly of Burger King in general, but whatever.

I get back to work, all pink from driving in that car, and look up the calories for that smoothie.  300 freaking calories!  I knew it was a sugary option when I realized it was all syrup and probably didn't have any actual fruit in it, but 300 calories?!?!  Turns out I was looking at the nutrition info for medium :D  My smaller, still overly sweet, "fruit smoothie" is 200 calories.  Not MUCH better, but that's 585 calories that I can potentially have for dinner instead of 485, cause once I get down in the 4's I start to feel caloric pressure.  That kind of sounds...scientific...  Is there such a thing as caloric pressure?  Google says there isn't.  I should write a thesis!

Anyway, I definitely didn't totally kill my calories.  I don't think I've had any healthy calories today, but I don't really care right now.  I should care, I know, but I'm tired of thinking about everything.  Weight loss is calories in vs calories out and as long as I'm not hungry (because hunger is the hardest part of this whole process), I'm happy...generally speaking.  It's just too stressful trying to think about portion sizes, calories, nutrition, being judged by what your eating, etc.  I just gotta remind myself...calories in vs calories out.  

I hope you guys have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment