Friday, September 14, 2012

Seasons Change

Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind of emotions.  I put my fitbit to the test by walking 50 minutes or so.  Seems accurate so far!  There's a little bit of a learning curve in regards to syncing, but easy fixes nonetheless.  Apparently when a Mac goes to sleep it severs the connection to the USB so I have to unplug and re-plug the USB cable if I want it to sync.  Ryan has informed me that there is a way to let the computer go to sleep without having certain actions discontinue also so it sounds like I'll be able to fix it and not worry about it.

When I got home I had packages waiting for me!  I got this stoneware pie plate and french rolling pin from my best friend for my birthday!

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Cook-Inch-Ceramic-Plate/dp/B0026RHI78/ref=wl_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=Z9KCJ7E8HWB&coliid=I332NBXZSVSTXQ

http://www.amazon.com/Vic-Firth-French-Rolling-Pin/dp/B00004RHPW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=Z9KCJ7E8HWB&coliid=I3IKV5IRW8E449

I sent her a text saying "those are big boxes O.o" and she asked if I had opened them *big smiley* so I got impatient (because I'm 5 at heart) and opened them almost a week early (birthday is next Tuesday).  It's ironic, too, but I'll get to that later this week ;)

We had dinner (if you call finger foods dinner) at our friend's house because it was actually her boyfriend's birthday yesterday, not mine.  They went ahead and gave me their present as well.  What is with these people?!?!  I guess she assumed I knew what it was since she had asked if I wanted it as a since I'm "hard to shop for" even though I have an Amazon wishlist FULL of stuff :P  We don't like any sort of mystery in our relationship, apparently.

On the way home, Ryan received a call from his mom saying his grandma will likely be passing very very soon.  We've been preparing ourselves for it and so far Ryan has been really calm and rational about it.  I'm sure he'll have his moments (me too...), but we both agree that if we were her age and had been through all she's been through that we'd be ready to reunite with our loved ones who have passed before us.  Hospice is just making sure she's as comfortable as possible right now in her last moments.

We talked a lot about our lives and the development of our relationship and relationships to those around us and how things are changing with everyone into a new stage.  He said he didn't know why he felt that way, but that something is definitely happening.  I described it a change of energy, in general, around us.  He said that was a very Celtic way of looking at it, which is funny because I've been looking more into my heritage, but I haven't read anything about energy and nature and that sort of thing yet...it's just something I've always believed in.  I don't mean it in any sort of religious or non religious way.  I just...believe it.  All organic beings are fueled by atoms aka energy.  We feed our body food because the energy that helped the food grow converts to energy needed for US to grow.  It's just fact.  Seasons change because of the sun rotating...because atoms, mass, etc (all energy) cause it to do so.  Call is spirituality, religion, or whatever.  The basics of it are the same :)

Anyway, things have been..eventful.  I've been playing a lot of piano to cope with it all.  Music = therapy.

I hope you guys are having a wonderful Friday!  Don't let these absurd political figures drive you insane as election comes upon us.

Make good choices!




What fun things are you doing this weekend?  We've got more birthday celebrating (our friend's, not mine lol) and morning glories that are taking over our porch to take care of...hopefully working on a new painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment