Monday, September 24, 2012

Put Me Out, Please

I didn't realize it had been so long since posting.  Things have just been insane.  Hubby's grandma passed last Sunday, my birthday was Tuesday, Zoo on Saturday with a cookout, then hiking yesterday.

We were in a panic trying to figure out how to at least get hubster, if not both of us, out to Texas for the funeral, but it just was practical, both financially, mentally, and schedule wise.  Tuesday we had the whole gang plus my mom and her boyfriend over for dinner.  We had breakfast tacos! Most people left around midnight, but we had a couple stay until 2:30am.  I was so sleepy the next day, but it was so worth it!  So happy to have found friends who like to play Rock Band (because our other friends burned out years ago).  I sang and others even at least tried playing drums.  Up until that point no one would even try them.  So lame.

I feel like other stuff happened during the week.  Oh, Thursday we went to the grocery store and didn't get home until 10:30 so we made a super fast, super late, dinner and watched Doctor Who.  Friday was a joy ride with a good friend of ours in a car he borrowed from the dealership he works for.  He was supposed to diagnose a problem...the check engine light kept coming on...except when he drove it.  Diagnosis?  The former driver is an idiot who runs his cars too hard and doesn't treat them right.  Figures.

Saturday we went to the zoo!  So awesome!  It's a tour guide only zoo that allows you up close to the animals instead of stretching your neck like the giraffes like a public zoos.  So cool.

Bongos:

Capybara:

Antelope:

Got to feed the Lorikeets:

And feed a giraffe! :

Flamingos:

More giraffes:

My friends and family who joined me:

Kangaroos:

Servals:

 Lemur:

Monkey:

Panorama:

Blue Macaw:

Red Macaw:

Stork:

Zebra:

This was all fun and awesome and we grilled out at our place afterward.  If you guys are ever in the area you should check it out: http://www.brightszoo.com/

All zoo photos in this post are courtesy of our good friend Nathaniel Daught: http://daught.me/

Yesterday we went hiking.  5 ish mile round trip.  It's usually quite fun, but I didn't enjoy this trip as much.  My feet and ankles started killing me and we went with a group of 8 people instead of 2 or 3 so I just wasn't mentally prepared for it.  I NEED new workout shoes super bad.  My lack of support caused me to get a mild sprain in my right ankle.  I came home and slept for like 3 hours too since I woke up so early and super exerted myself.  The waterfall was ALMOST worth it, but not quite...it was rather cold out:


 This photo was not by Nathaniel.

1 comment:

  1. I should state that I've talked to him about issues and things that irritate me, but with no success.

    ReplyDelete