Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What?! You're blogging now?!

Yes, I am!

I am starting this blog solely for the purpose of conversation, discussion, and thought sorting....life, weight loss, etc.  I cannot promise to be entertaining or enlightening, though I certainly hope you find yourself amused.  It will be informal and I may use choice words when I deem appropriate, though probably not often (you know what words I'm talking about).  I do promise to be candid, open, and heartfelt.  I love discussion...not yelling battles of who is right or wrong, but calm discussions on issues (probably not political), theories, and sometimes morals.

Some people say I'm weird.  I generally disagree, but, what do I know?  I will share most of my thoughts and habits so you can tell me I'm not the only person who does it...or maybe tell me that I AM weird and shouldn't ever disclose that information again ;)

I don't plan on purposely offending people, but if I do...well, I can't say that I care, honestly.  You're not being dragged here and forced to read.  Also, share your opinion...especially if I've offended you.  I'm VERY open minded (seriously...in all things...open minded!! Not many things phase me anymore...promise) and love hearing other points...there may be something I've missed that could completely change my view on things.  That being said, if I'm feeling particularly awful one day, I'll strictly argue one side of an argument just to get other people to THINK about it, even if I don't necessarily agree.  I suppose you could say that I don't have a truly strong opinion about many things because I tend to agree with points on both sides...it's all about balance, yea?  (I feel really strongly about recycling, though...and other things of that nature)

I've also been called a hippy.  I would agree.  I would probably be involved in all sorts of radical movements and ideas if I weren't working so hard to impress the government with my responsibility status.  Although, outside of paying my taxes and bills on time, I do love to indulge in "legal" hippy matters.  I'm an artist at heart.  I play piano, sometimes violin (or fiddle, if your prefer).  I paint when I have the time, and draw.  I love all things about the Earth...plants, animals...not so much people...sorry.

On a daily basis, I do wear makeup to fulfill that art side of me...my little 30 minute fix.  I don't wear makeup because I feel I NEED to, but because I like to express myself certain ways.  I often go without make up.  I'm quite pale, being born a natural redhead with blue eyes, so on those "naked" days I quite often get asked if I'm feeling okay, but I've gotten used to that.  I even had one guy tell me that I'd look good with a tan.  Really?!  Do I LOOK like I could tan?!  Burn, peel, freckle, and fade, guys.  That's it.  I don't blame him, though.  There are images surrounding us everyday of unrealistic ideals.

I suppose that is all I have to say for now...not really.  I'm excited!  But I don't want to bore you anymore.

What do YOU want to read about?  I know I said this is mainly for me, but I really would like some discussion topics to keep what little readers I'll have interested!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda! You should write about what you want to write about. After all, it is *your* blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My first comment! Thanks Yazmin :D

      Your comment holds much truth! But I also enjoy researching new things and looking at different views of new or rediscovered topics :)

      Delete
  2. I personally have found my blog to be enlightening for myself. I write down my thoughts or something that has been bothering me that week and I can sort through my feelings and realize why I feel that way. You will be surprised how many people read your blog. I post mine on facebook and a number of people comment about it. You are right it doesn't matter who reads the blog, it is a way for you to get your thoughts and feelings out onto "paper" for you to read and digest. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite nice having a place to put my thoughts so I don't dwell on them or try to keep up with them in my head! Thanks much :)

      Delete
  3. I have been blogging for awhile now. I do it for me, and I love doing it. I post usually when something hits me...it's my therapy! Keep it up!! You'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been experiencing a lot of "therapy" here lately through various means. I AM loving it so far, even with just two posts, lol. Thanks!

      Delete