Saturday, November 10, 2012

What A Week!

I have really enjoyed Bristol so far...well, for the most part.  I like my coworkers.  I don't like the pain in my feet!  They hurt...bad.  They burn and feel bruised.  It still hurts to walk and I haven't worked today and I've barely been up and about!  It's awful, and I can't afford the shoes I need.  I don't know if we'll be able to afford to stay in the house we're renting, for that matter, and the holidays are fast approaching.  I'm trying to stay up beat about it all, but it really is getting me down.

I bought tennis shoes a while back, and they felt so comfortable in the store.  I was able to workout no problem.  They are apparently horrible for standing 8-10 hours a day.  I bought some insoles and they did a little better...not much at all, though.  I wore Ryan's converse which are normally horrible on my feet, but they did better than my tennis shoes!  I've been coming home every night, soaking and massaging my feet, but it doesn't do any good.  They just hurt.  It probably doesn't help that I'm overweight.

I've had some difficulty adjusting to the random schedule and find myself waking at the same time anyway.  I did take advantage of not having to be in until 10:30 on Thursday and slept until 8:45.  That was nice.  We had a mandatory staff meeting at 7:45 wednesday night so I didn't get home until after 9.  I got off at 5 so I explored and made myself familiar with the surrounding areas of the city until I got bored and went back to work.  I sat in the car until it was time for the meeting to start.  There is even less to do in Bristol than in Johnson City.

The perks of the new schedule is working Saturdays.  This wouldn't normally be a good thing, but we close at 12 so it's not like I've wasted much of my day.  I have Monday off since I'm working next Saturday so I'll finally get some me time AND girl time in the same day :D  I am impatiently looking forward to both.

I have managed to stay on top of house cleaning even with the odd schedule.  I didn't clean Thursday night since we went to the grocery store and didn't get back until midnight, but it didn't take long to straighten back up.  I cleaned old stuff out of the fridge as I put new stuff in, but was too tired to toss the food in the garbage and clean the containers so I left them sitting out.  The milk formed a leak and I found it this morning...all over the counter.  I am shocked that it didn't smell, but I was thoroughly disgusted when I picked it up to toss it and there was a puddle under it.  I had to remove everything from the counter and wipe it clean.  This turned out to be a good thing, though, as it gave me the idea to rearrange the kitchen.  I also realized that I don't use the slow cooker as much as I'd like so I put it and the extra blender in the cabinet which freed up some counter space.

Yesterday morning proved to be a gorgeous drive.  There was a thick fog over the lack and river with the sun shining through.  I also have time to drink my coffee on the way to work.  Or at least, it *did*.  I broke my coffee pot this morning when I was cleaning it.  I accidentally dropped a pot in the sink on a glass.  The glass didn't break, but the coffee pot that took the indirect hit broke.  The glasses we got as a wedding gift break super easy, except this morning when it most definitely should have broken.  So upset!  I've had that coffee pot for YEARS.  My dad got me a coffee pot/espresso machine combo for Christmas the first year Ryan and I were together...partly with selfish intentions as he had recently grown to love coffee.  But the fact remains, the machine still works great!  I don't know what I'd do if the machine itself broke.  I can replace the pot relatively cheaply.

Tonight's dinner was fun.  We made enchiladas and wet burritos.  I threw together some rice.  I sauteed uncooked rice in some butter, and when it browned a bit, I put it in the rice cooker with some salsa and taco seasoning.  It taste just like the boxed stuff, but much better for you without all of the preservatives!  It even had that semi dry texture like you find in restaurants.  I guess the precooking did that.  No complaints here!

We were going to make fajitas, but didn't think about it until last minute so I'm off to put some steak, onions, and peppers in a marinade for tomorrow's dinner!  Mexican weekend, woo!

I hope you guys have had an awesome week!  I hope to be more regular in posting now that I'm over my scheduling issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment