Sunday, April 21, 2013

Whole 30 Week 1

I feel like I have endless energy while doing Whole 30.  I mean, I still crash at a sensible hour, but I don't hit that mid day energy slump that used to plague me.  Even if I don't sleep much, the sleep I do get is more sound... unless the cat starts crying in the middle of the night.   I haven't really felt the need for a nap except for the first day when I got a migraine during the adjustment.

It's much easier to eat this way than I thought it would be.  The only trap I ran into was going to my Aunt's for dinner last night.  She made pizza.  Pizza is most definitely not W30 acceptable, but I was starving and verging on a headache so I had a piece.  Then I felt crappy, sluggish, and tired.  With reactions like that I will likely stick to this paleo things longer than the 30 days.

I know it said not to step on the scale or take measurements while eating this way, but I'm horribly paranoid about the success of this all too simple eating plan (now obsessive habit).  I was a bad follower and did count my calories one day... and I may or may not have weighed myself this morning. I know, I know.  Shame.  Well, I've been stuffed eating this way, thinking I've been eating too much because meat is high in calories for what it is, etc.  As it turns out I've only been eating about 1200-1400 calories a day.  I was eating 1750 and usually going over, struggling to stay under that limit while eating carbs.  I upped my protein and cut out the carbs and now I'm struggling to eat more than 1400.  It's wonderful!  I've dropped about 5 pounds so far.  I'm thinking it isn't just water weight because I drink tons of water, but it could still be a false loss so I'll let you know in three weeks when the "challenge" is up.  I have all the peace of mind I need now that this way of living works well for me, internally and externally... at least for where I am in my life at the moment.

I haven't felt this great in a long while.  Aside from the extra (almost too much) energy, my nails already feel stronger, and my restrooms visits are more regular (to put it nicely).  I don't get dizzy if I get up too quickly, and my blood sugar seems more stable.  My teeth and gums even feel better!  My sugar cravings are disappearing which I thought was impossible.  I highly recommend you look into it.  www.whole9life.com

It's a more strict version of a paleo lifestyle as it's goal is to eliminate any foods that could have a negative affect on your health as even mild allergies you don't even notice can have a great impact on your sense of being.  I will "upgrade" to paleo after my month (including honey, full fat organic cheeses [in moderation], etc) after my month is up, but for now I am extremely happy and thrilled with my results.

If the weight loss is, in fact, a fluke, I am okay with that as I've realized that no one but yourself truly cares if your fat.  I would be thrilled if this was my "miracle" for weight loss, but I will be happy knowing that I've taken such good care and thought into what goes into my food and my body.  Unfortunately at the moment I cannot afford top quality meats, but I will take cheap meats over the carbs.

On another topic, a few weeks ago my manager asked if I was leaving.  I excitedly said "no" at the time.  I wish I could still say that, but sadly, as I mentioned before, my finances will not allow me to continue my employment at the company unless they give me a raise or something.  I just can't afford it.  I'm going to see what the next few weeks brings, but I fear I will making some changes... changes that I'm not quite prepared for, but as the saying goes, "you gotta do what you gotta do".

I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was great as I got to spend time with my best friend and some family.  I managed to clean out and organize two closets.  I've got one more to go and a few odds and ends lying around the house to put away and I'm done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment