Friday, May 17, 2013

Star Trek and Misc

We went to see Star Trek last night.  I loved it.  No, it's not the most thought provoking movie ever.  Yes, they're messing with old Star Trek a little too much.  No, that didn't ruin it.  Yes, it's awesome.  It started a little slow, but it got intense.  It made me cry.  Oh, Spock, why did you make me cry?

Someone told me he'd heard that it was less than impressive.  I've seen every last bit of Star Trek ever (maybe only 98%... I may have missed something somewhere), from Enterprise with Scott Bakula to the animated series, and I liked this movie pretty good.  We saw it in 3D.  I think most 3D movies are totally unimpressive, but I actually enjoyed this.  I'm not sure what people thought was so awful about it.  It obviously isn't everyone's cup of tea (earl grey, hot...so hot O.o) so I'm wondering if it's people who generally don't care for Star Trek anyway, or if it's people who love Star Trek that don't care for this particular spin off.

I won't say too much about the plot for those of you who haven't seen it yet.  I may talk about my thoughts on movie details in a couple of weeks when I know most fans have taken care of getting themselves to the theater.  I hope you love it!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I may or may not have squealed like a little girl when I found out Benedict Cumberbatch was going to be in it, and I may or may not have jumped and wiggled in my seat when he came on the screen.  With a bad guy that gorgeous, I didn't know which team to side with.  I was totally on his side until he got really mean, then he kind of scared me...but in a very good way.  Oh, dear.  He's so terrifying when he's mean.  But still soooo gorgeous and intense.  He's even more so when he's being sweet and friendly...or a sociopath.  That all being said, beautiful only gets you so far.  He's also a wonderful actor.  Total props to him.  Man, I need more Sherlock ASAP.  I would got watch Star Trek again just to watch him be a total bad ass all over again.  I don't typically swoon over actors... Patrick Stewart was my only one until I saw Sherlock.  needsherlocknowplease

Pretty please.

I'll make you cookies.

Or pie.  Whichever you prefer.

I'd probably faint and drop them.

*sigh*

Anyhoo,


Yesterday was a little crazy.  I woke up early to finish her painting (pictures soonish).  I didn't like it at first, but now it's grown on me quite a bit.  I loved working on the background.  I did not like working on the rose when I got to it.  It took me some time to move through the different sections of the painting so I thought that my mood affected my rose painting vs background painting.  While my mood definitely affects the way I paint, it turns out that I was just hating the brush I was using.  I switched brushes, I painted better.  Actually...I do need to fix a small part of it now that I'm looking at it again... just a lighting thing.

We had to go to Asheville to pick Ryan's mom up from the airport.  We got turned around somehow (you guys know how it is, blah), but corrected the problem quickly.  Lesson: DO NOT use the Maps app that comes standard on an iPod.  I've been taught this lesson at least 10 times, but somehow the information doesn't retain.  It's like history class all over again.

I didn't have time to clean out the fridge before leaving yesterday as I was finishing a painting and had to take the car for an oil change, so I'm off to do that now.

I also hope to play in the dirt later.  I have morning glories trying to grow in my container garden!  Retaliation shall be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment